Riverside Staffing is currently seeking 1st and 2nd shift Laser Operators for a local steel manufacturer located in Moline, IL. Laser Operators are responsible for set-up and operation of laser cutting machines to produce products meeting customer quality requirements. Operators must also operate and process parts according to print and traveler requirements. Operators must monitor machine cutting performance and utilization.
Laser Operator Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Understands machine setup including: program retrieval, proper gases, proper nozzles, and materials.
• Understands start-up and shut down for laser machines.
• Diagnose machining problems while performing jobs, making modifications as needed.
• Operate overhead cranes, tape measure, calipers, and hand tools.
• Can perform laser cutting operations efficiently and effectively, per specifications
.• Check Quality of product machined and notify supervisor of process issues.
• Operates and navigates in a windows based computer environment.
• Can program nesting software to maximize product/material usage
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Perform operator maintenance and/or 5S housekeeping per established schedules
• Other duties as assigned
Equipment Used: Laser machines, calipers, bore/ID gauges, height gauges, and other inspection equipment as required; basic tools such as hammers, screw drivers, wrenches, etc.; overhead crane and forklift.